Join us for the community meeting on June 22nd to discuss the South Reston Gateway to the Metro in depth. This is a significant property from the perspective of the neighboring community and the overall success of the Metro development.
Some immediate things that stand out that may present issues for the neighborhood:
1) Insufficient sidewalk, cycle track and setbacks along Sunrise Valley Drive to match Campus Commons property that our community changed to a 50 foot set back
2) Inadequate access to the metro for pedestrians from the neighborhoods located south of Sunrise Valley Drive
3) Lack of kiss n’ride and bus access to the Metro station
4) Pedestrian safety concerns with the proposed pull off and mid block egress off Wiehle Avenue and pull off on Sunrise Valley
5) Traffic - significant number of car trips per day - Pull offs on Wiehle and Sunrise Valley and the mid block road on Wiehle will make it impossible to go from north to south on Wiehle.
6) Ecological concerns -
- minimum level of Green compliance
- Stormwater management concerns runoff will go into our lakes
- Maintenance of tree canopy
7) Building heights along Sunrise Valley Drive - not in alignment with neighboring homes
8) Requesting even more bonus density (extra density) - this is not in line with the new comp plan
You can review the developer plans HERE.
The Developer's statement of justification can be found HERE.